Monday, January 25, 2010

Falling from Grace (Written with NI)

The white shadows form frozen ghosts.

They quietly flit about in static light

and in the darkness of negative space,

I find long forgotten vigils to those not yet imagined

scattered across the abyss like cryogenic dreams

and dancing with an angel on the tip of a needle

until their balance sways and heads toward

points of nullification.

A deep void made of ten thousand shadows.


I become the angel on the tip of a needle

pulling off my own wings

and hoping for a soft landing.

The reasons too many to recollect.

The consequences too hard to fathom.

So, I close my eyes.


The rushing wind becomes my bride.

The air whispers truths and vindications

and the blurring world fades past.

No earth will slow my descent.

No touch will deny my destiny.

No names to fog my clarity, only this...

a silent soliloquy to love's loss.

Memories of ghosts drowning,

in rivers of my own longing,

cannot help to douse the fire of green hope.


As the moments push me further,

they won't let me forget.

I plunge through the mirror.

The surface merely ripples,

reflections dilute and then disappear.

The fall gives way to a sickening rise.

When I open my eyes, everything

and nothing has changed

except for the eyes of March

staring down into my soul.

Seeing more than I am able

and pushing the stars away.

I relinquish my ideals

and give in.


Set down among the dewdrops and nettles

a razor takes form across my heart.

Quiet slashes remove malignant memories

of lost love...lost truth...lost moments

and before the sins appear,

I am bathed in the light

of her innocence long forgotten

redeeming the monster within

to almost child-like savagery.

No comments:

Post a Comment